The MPPS is a powerful programming tool. It offers like most other tools reading / writing operations and checksum support, however it also includes some additional features:
- Excellent recovery functions. In some cases MPPS can recover ECU’s which others tools can not even make communications with. On certain controllers it even works when with no program is present (a blank memory).
- Selectable full / partial reading and writing when the ECU allows this function.
- Selectable reading / writing speed.
- Writing “changes only” function for faster programming (when supported by the ECU).
- Auto detection of K-Line/CAN, and option to bypass and force preferred means of communication.
- Temporary bypass of immobiliser to allow flashing on the bench on ME7 systems.
- Boot mode support for ECU’s with C167 and ST10 processors.
- EEprom read/write functions for some ECU’s are included.
- VAG MEDC17 TPROT level checking without opening the ECU.
- Special file utility for creating OBD unlock files from VAS FRF containers.
This tool is available in different configurations, the comparison table below shows the differences:
|Feature||Slave||Standalone Master||Master||Virtual Master|
|Read from vehicle|
|Write to vehicle|
|Reads open/encrypted files||Encypted||Open||Open||N/A|
|Can have slave units|
|Online updates||Not Required|